For the 2013-2014 school year, Chartwells and Chartwells-Thompson Hospitality (Chartwells) is seeking fresh and frozen fruits and vegetables, as well as frozen chicken drumsticks from Midwest farmers and processors to feed students from Chicago Public Schools, and other students in Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Ohio and Wisconsin. To assist with the procurement process, we are asking farmers, processors, and distributors to respond to specific needs of Chartwells. Requests for Information are available below, and should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 23, 2013.
For this school year, it is the goal of Chartwells to purchase enough Midwest fresh and frozen produce, and antibiotic-free chicken to feed one million students. Chartwells will pay market prices for both (FOB Chicago).
Requirements for product and/or producers include:
- Respondents must indicate their ability to provide produce that meets the variety, grade, and packing specifications outlined in the RFI’s and indicate what amount they have the capacity to supply
- Farms must be within 250 miles of Chicago
Additionally, respondents must confirm the following:
- Product liability insurance of at least $1 million
- Food Safety Certification (USDA, GAP/GHP certification or third party equivalent)
- HAACCP certified if animals are present on farm or if processed/frozen product